Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Bike+Lay Off=Time To Ride And Worry

So it never fails with me.  I finally get something really nice that I have been wanting for a while and BAM!!!! something bad happens.

Working in the manufacturing industry does have its ups and downs.  Ups being that you get paid a good wage to do work that doesn't really require a degree.  Down is that when you do get laid off or the plant closes you wish you would of had a degree.

I haven't even had my Stryker a month and now I have to worry about what will come next.  The managers are saying hopefully two months business will pick back up, but nothing is certain or for sure.  I had visions of new saddles bags, quick release windshields, and corbra swept exhaust dancing in my head only to be shattered.

And of course the two months couldn't happen during the spring or summer, but fall.  I do like the fair weather, but who wants to go on those magical midnight rides during chilly weather only to sweat your balls off during afternoon because you didn't want to take your liner out?  Give me April, May, or June and you would have seen me smiling all the way to the unemployment office.

But you can't change what you can't control.  I would of like to have had the funds to at least control the damn seat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment